At Sproutel, Inc. (View All Jobs)
Who We Are
Sproutel is equal parts R&D lab, design studio, and venture studio. We have a relentless focus on the patient, and we partner with companies to research, design, and launch products and services that deliver comfort, joy, and better health outcomes.
Sproutel is uniquely positioned at the intersection of tech, design, and social good. As we continue to grow, we have immediate goals to continue building a US-based team and global collaborator network that truly reflects the diversity we need to see in design and technology. We hope you'll join us in that mission.
We are seeking an emerging design leader to oversee Sproutel’s design activities, playing both a management role as well as participating hands-on in ongoing project/product work. The ideal individual has experience managing teams, developing and manufacturing physical products, and executing client oriented design projects.This role will balance project leadership - leading the execution of design work, with design leadership - cultivating design talent within Sproutel.
- Manage Sproutel’s growing design team and collaboration network, ensuring execution across project and product work.
- Manage, mentor, and support designers to develop professionally.
- Cultivate a strong design culture within Sproutel.
- Lead or oversee design processes on multiple [2-3] project teams.
- Lead teams through the design process, developing insights, ideating, incorporating user feedback, and appropriately prioritizing features within the context of client needs.
- Set quality standards across Sproutel’s projects and products.
- Oversee design consistency among Sproutel’s brands and products.
- Assist in business development activities, writing proposals and scoping projects in the sell-in phase.
Some qualities we value at Sproutel:
- You are curious and enjoy learning. We work on many new things, often simultaneously! We’ve grown tremendously by our team’s ability to learn new skills, adopt new or different technologies, and move into new markets. We’re always faced with the unknown, and celebrate diving into it.
- You are a collaborator. Teamwork makes the dream work. We look forward to pair programming, code reviews, whiteboard sessions, and lunch conversation to share ideas, work through problems, and share best practices.
- You have strong communication skills. Being able to explain ideas on the full spectrum of understandable abstraction to technical detail is critical to working effectively on our cross-disciplinary team.
- You are empathetic and emotionally intelligent. Sometimes things don’t go smoothly. A customer gets frustrated, a coworker bothers you, or a vendor slips behind schedule. Being able to solve problems while supportive and sensitive to those around you helps us build a company culture focused on respect.
- You are comfortable thinking in trade offs. We can’t always do it all and are constantly striving to strike the best balance between solving user problems, addressing business needs, and making things that are downright fun.
- You think for yourself and you’re willing to speak up. The best antidote against groupthink! We value independent thinking and the ability to objectively discuss multiple ideas.
- You value simplicity. It is difficult to build complex things. It is even more difficult to take something very complex, and simplify it without sacrificing functionality. We value making things as simple as possible, but no simpler.
- You value efficiency. Time is our most valuable asset and unfortunately we haven’t yet made a breakthrough with our Delorean.
- Healthcare coverage (including dental)
- Two weeks vacation
- Transportation subsidies
- Financial support for continuing education and professional development
- A unique office in a converted mill building in Providence, RI
We are working hard to grow Sproutel as an inclusive, diverse, and fun place to work! We care a lot about happiness, fulfillment, and respect. Join us, and let’s build an awesome company and products together.
Sproutel is headquartered in Providence, RI.
Sound like you? Apply through TriNet.