Director of Consumer Marketing - Purrble
At Sproutel, Inc. (View All Jobs)
Who We Are
Sproutel is equal parts R&D lab, design studio, and venture studio. We have a relentless focus on the patient, and we partner with companies to research, design, and launch products and services that deliver comfort, joy, and better health outcomes.
Sproutel is uniquely positioned at the intersection of tech, design, and social good. As we continue to grow, we have immediate goals to continue building a US-based team and global collaborator network that truly reflects the diversity we need to see in design and technology. We hope you'll join us in that mission.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial minded individual to grow and scale the Purrble Business. This role is a blend of a brand manager, art director, sales lead, and project manager. In 2021 this individual will be responsible for meeting Sproutel’s sales goal of selling 20,000 Purrbles by designing and implementing a marketing strategy, which will include collaborating with external vendors to manage ad spend.
- Own Purrble’s sales goals, with a first year responsibility of selling 20,000 units of the product.
- Develop and manage a marketing strategy that appeals to key customer demographics.
- Design and/or oversee the creation of Purrble marketing, including art direction and copywriting.
- Manage an annual 6 figure ad-buy through collaboration with partner marketing agencies and PR firms.
- Manage, or oversee the management of, Purrble’s social media strategy to engage potential customers and deepen relationships with existing customers.
- Manage inventory shipments to Amazon.
- Forecast product re-orders.
- Develop and manage relationships with retailers and potential distribution partners.
Some qualities we value at Sproutel:
- You are curious and enjoy learning. We work on many new things, often simultaneously! We’ve grown tremendously by our team’s ability to learn new skills, adopt new or different technologies, and move into new markets. We’re always faced with the unknown, and celebrate diving into it.
- You are a collaborator. Teamwork makes the dream work. We look forward to pair programming, code reviews, whiteboard sessions, and lunch conversation to share ideas, work through problems, and share best practices.
- You have strong communication skills. Being able to explain ideas on the full spectrum of understandable abstraction to technical detail is critical to working effectively on our cross-disciplinary team.
- You are empathetic and emotionally intelligent. Sometimes things don’t go smoothly. A customer gets frustrated, a coworker bothers you, or a vendor slips behind schedule. Being able to solve problems while supportive and sensitive to those around you helps us build a company culture focused on respect.
- You are comfortable thinking in trade offs. We can’t always do it all and are constantly striving to strike the best balance between solving user problems, addressing business needs, and making things that are downright fun.
- You think for yourself and you’re willing to speak up. The best antidote against groupthink! We value independent thinking and the ability to objectively discuss multiple ideas.
- You value simplicity. It is difficult to build complex things. It is even more difficult to take something very complex, and simplify it without sacrificing functionality. We value making things as simple as possible, but no simpler.
- You value efficiency. Time is our most valuable asset and unfortunately we haven’t yet made a breakthrough with our Delorean.
- Healthcare coverage (including dental)
- Two weeks vacation
- Transportation subsidies
- Financial support for continuing education and professional development
- A unique office in a converted mill building in Providence, RI
We are working hard to grow Sproutel as an inclusive, diverse, and fun place to work! We care a lot about happiness, fulfillment, and respect. Join us, and let’s build an awesome company and products together.
Sproutel is headquartered in Providence, RI.
Sound like you? Apply through TriNet.